Their real life meet cute happened downtown as she was searching for books and he was returning one. He made her laugh with a cheesy pick-up line and he knew right then he had to date her. When he asked her out for dinner & drinks however, she insisted on tea or coffee first instead: in her mind, she wanted to be friends first. Not one to give up easily, Joben locked down a date when his "good looks, charm and boyish wit were enough to woo her stubborn soul".
Names: Joben (27) & TC (20)
Occupations: Corporate finance & business brains behind MAI Makeup (Joben), interior designer & makeup artist (TC)
Current relationship status: "Currently dating and planning to propose with a large number of chicken nuggets to keep her happy within the next two years." -Joben
How do you like to spend your free time together?: Cooking, exploring new food venues, taking our dog for a walk, being outside and playing sports, dancing, getting lost together.
What kind of adjectives would you use to describe yourself as a couple?: Adventurous, like-minded,old-fashioned, ambitious, and silly.
What has been the biggest struggle you've faced as a couple?: Sharing food. Joking! Which roads to take to get to the destination quickest.
Are there any quirks you like about each other?:
What TC loves about Joben:
- no matter what he pushes for my passion as if they were his
- he never wastes any food ... Even when the yogurt is a day expired (not ok ... Good poisoning but that's ok cause I love him..)
- how he's blind as a bat without his contacts (pretty darn cute)
Some quirks Joben loves about TC:
- how TC always makes me wait so she can take a photo of the food before eating
- how TC wakes me up in the middle of the night, just to demand that I move closer to cuddle her
- when TC asks me to hold her ID whenever we're out together (I'm thinking it's because she wants to ensure we don't get separated)
- when TC couldn't believe I couldn't do push ups with her on my back
Do you have any memorable moments you've shared together?: TC wasn't much of a partner dancer (especially in public), but I was. On a Tuesday night out with friends at the Druid for karaoke, the song "Kiss Me" (Sixpence None the Richer) came on.
While the dance floor was completely empty, I asked her to dance, led her out to the dance floor, and slow danced till the end of the song. We were expecting more couples to join in, but it ended up just being us dancing in the middle of karaoke bar for a solid 4 minutes. It has been our song since!
In a world where unfortunate circumstances & divorces occur, what makes you confident your relationship will survive its challenges?: Same marriage values and emphasis on respect, honesty, love.... And a cute dog.
What are your goals/dreams for the future?: To make TC's makeup business successful. To continue travelling together. To raise a family.
Heads up! I'm booking 2017 dates for couples who love to create their own paths and are head over heels in love for each other! If you're planning an untraditional wedding and a beautiful marriage, let's connect!